Pages

28 February 2010

Vidya and Amitabh win top honors

This year’s Filmfare awards saw the best acting prizes going to the lead actors in Paa, with Amitabh Bachchan and Vidya Balan being named the Best actor and Best actress for their role in the film. The top grosser ‘3 Idiots’ earned six trophies, including the one for the best film. The Best actress honor went to Vidya Balan for her riveting performance in Paa as Auro’s mother. In a witty manner Vidya gave the reply to the hosts Shahrukh Khan and Saif Ali Khan, who had earlier poked fun at her a couple of years ago for her dress sense when Shahrukh presented a trophy called the Naa-real Award to Vidya. While accepting the award at the podium, Vidya stated, “From nariyal to this Black lady, it’s been a great journey at the Filmfare.” Vidya further continued her spirited winning speech stating, “I thank Balki (director), my parents and Arundhati Nag. Also I would like to add that motherhood is a rewarding feeling, so I am greatly thankful to my son Auro who made me a mother.”

For further: www.totalfilmy.com/feature/20100228/vidya_and_her_son_win_top_honors-28776.html

No comments: