Pages

24 February 2010

When dinner led to Karthik Calling Karthik

When ad man Vijay Lalwani went up to Farhan Akhtar to ask him for filmmaking tips, little did he realise that he was talking to his future lead actor and producer. As soon as Farhan heard the script of Karthik Calling Karthik, he was on board.
Lalwani, 31, talks to Nithya Ramani about directing one of the best directors in Bollywood, and what we can expect from the film when it releases this Friday.
A romantic thriller is quite a new concept.
The idea came to me when I was having dinner with a friend. We were talking and I remember mentioning what if one phone call can sort out everything in life. Six months later, I found myself developing the idea into a script. The film is primarily a thriller with a romantic track running in the background.
There are several theories doing the rounds about the two Karthiks in the movie. So what is it? Is Karthik hallucinating? Does he have a double role or a split personality?
As much as I would love to discuss this with you, I suggest you go and watch the film. We have designed the promos in such a way that it will give you a fair idea of what's coming.

Source: movies.rediff.com/slide-show/2010/feb/24/slide-show-1-vijay-lalwani-on-directing-karthik-calling-karthik.htm

No comments: