Pages

29 January 2010

Siddharth is the SRK of South

The Telugu hearthrob, Siddharth, who wowed the audience in Rang De Basanti in 2006, went missing in action for Siddharth four long years. Now he is Siddharth back in Bollywood with a solo hero project – Striker. Where did you go? It’s been almost four years since RDB. Why did you disappear from Bollywood despite a successful debut? After RDB, I did not get exciting offers. Yes, I was offered films like Delhi 6, Hook Ya Crook and Rock On!!, but none of them excited me enough. Also, when you debut with a film like RDB, everybody has an idea about what kind of movie you should do next. But har ek bande ka apna ek idea hota hai ki usey kya karna hai. I too had a specific idea regarding my second movie in Bollywood, which unfortunately never turned into reality until now. So, I went on to concentrate on my work in Telugu. I was doing two things in this time span – looking for the right film in Bollywood and keeping myself busy with Telugu films. What role do you play in Striker, and what made you choose it as y our second Hindi movie? Striker is my follow up to RDB after four years. It is my first solo hero Hindi film and is directed by Chandan Arora. It’s about a guy who is born in the slums of Mumbai and is a carom player. The movie tracks the growing up years of this guy – spanning 20 years. It is not just about sports; it’s actually about human relationships as it talks about his love, his loss, his ambitions, his dreams and his journey as a man. It’s very similar to the single hero movies that were made in the 80s, something similar to Arjun, Salakhein and even Zanjeer.

For further: timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Siddharth-is-the-SRK-of-South/articleshow/5512887.cms

1 comment:

chandan said...

looks very impressive attempt in direction