Pages

22 August 2009

Zack Saravanan started their own business in 2003

He was fresh out of national service in 2002 and confused about what to do next as his A level grades weren't good enough to get him a spot at the local university, when his father asked him to join his company which provided manpower services to the manufacturing industry. Said the 29-year-old managing director and co-founder of Tridentive Industrial & Marine Services: 'I started to help him out and at that time we had only one customer. I had a lot of ideas which I wanted to implement to improve the business but my father was old fashioned and didn't want to listen. 'So I thought if I had some money I could start something of my own and implement my ideas without upsetting my father.' So he and his older brother Zack Saravanan started their own business in 2003, providing manpower to the logistics and marine industries.
The start-up capital of $60,000 was cobbled together from Zack's savings and generous contributions from friends. One of their biggest challenges at the time was being taken seriously by the experienced industry players. 'It took us a while to convince them that we may be young but we were serious and we could get the job done,' he said. In 2004, the company began to focus more on its logistics business and expanded into warehouse management. And more recently, it extended its reach into transportation. In 2006, Mr Kannan, a member of the Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry's (Sicci) Youth committee, was one of the nominees for Spring Singapore's Spirit of Enterprise award.

For further details visit as : http://business.asiaone.com/Business/SME%2BCentral/Prime%2BMovers/Story/A1Story20090821-162500.html



No comments: